The most wonderful time of year will be here before you know it! The time for mistletoe, peppermint, decorating trees and receiving your Christmas cards from family and friends near and far. Does the process of picking out a Christmas card give you heartburn? We’re here to make it easy! We’ve put together this list on how to get started when choosing your family’s Christmas card– and checked it twice! It all begins with Soirée Signatures.
1. Pick a fun shape, size and color: Cards don’t always have to be the standard rectangular shape, size and dull color. Have fun with it this season and think outside the box… literally! It could be the shape of a Christmas tree, an ornament, a stocking stuffer or even a wreath. Play up the traditional colors and add in your own flair.
2. Customize your greeting: You’ve compiled your mailing list and selected your style, now what greeting will you choose? If you don’t want the typical “Merry Christmas” tagline, you can always go for something more personal from you and your family. Some examples are, “Christmas is a good excuse to send all our favorite people a card!” or “Fa La La La La… whatever, you get it. Merry Christmas!”
3. Add a family photo: Kids are the secret ingredient in Christmas cards! Adding a family photo to your card is a great way to show people how much you all have grown and changed over the past year.
4. Play with the font: With a little sugar, a little spice and everything nice, Soirée Signatures can bring your card to life with custom fonts fit for your style. A Christmas card is supposed to bring joy to those who receive it, and our calligraphy is sure to make you smile. We can even make it sparkle!
5. Don’t forget your envelopes: Extending the same theme and design over to the envelopes completes the entire look. You can style your envelopes the same as your card and even add a nice envelope liner pattern to glam up the look of a traditional Christmas card. This makes for a nice surprise when opened.
Christmas is that special time of year when people actually look forward to receiving your snail mail. Be sure to make your Christmas card stand out (and get prime placement on your friends’ refrigerator!) with Soirée Signatures! To pair along with your creations, we also have gift tags and wrapping paper to meet your holiday needs - available online and in-store! Shop designs on our website or visit us to have a custom card designed. ‘Tis the season!